Dr. Thomas E. Merrill is a Washington native. He was born and raised in Seattle, moved to Wenatchee after high-school graduation, and has called Wenatchee home ever since.
From 1991 to 1993, he lived among the people of Costa Rica as a missionary, and became fluent in Spanish. Then he attended BYU, where he graduated in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science in zoology. Dr. Tom earned his Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 1999 from the University of Washington School of Dentistry, where he graduated with honors and finished at the top of his class.
Immediately following graduation, Dr. Tom began his two-year orthodontic specialty training at the University of Minnesota, where he also taught in the dental school and completed a master’s degree in orthodontics. In June 2001, he finished his residency and returned to the Wenatchee Valley where he, his wife Elisabeth, and their four daughters reside.
Dr. Tom is an avid fly fisherman. Feel free to ask him for the latest fishing report!
Memberships and Honors
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate (board certified)
- Washington State Society of Orthodontists (president)
- North Central Washington Implant Study Club
- American Dental Association
- Mission Ridge Orthodontic Study Club
- North Central District Dental Society (past president)
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Dental Peer Review Committee
- Washington State Dental Association
- Central Washington Cleft Palate Team
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Sigma Sigma Chapter, University of Washington
In the Community
- Wenatchee Area Chamber of Commerce
- Eastmont High School Wildcat Community Support Award
- Eagle Scout, Chief Seattle Council, Seattle, WA
- Boy Scouts of America